Since the last blog entry on Wings, Arik Air’s inflight magazine, the publishers have made it available for viewing online.
Positioned as a lifestyle magazine, the layout and content of the first edition is truly splendid, colorful, and cheerful. Hopefully with the input and support of Arik Air, Voyager Media will keep up the good work, especially the focus on Nigeria’s innumerable cultural and tourist attractions.
February-April 2010 issue will feature articles on New York, successful Nigerians in London, and a South Africa 2010 World Cup special.
Perhaps Voyager Media could borrow any of these ideas for future editions:
1) A special on Nigeria’s rainforests and its wildlife, and the latest programs to preserve them.
2) Tech gizmos, the latest cell phones, laptops, 3d televisions, etc.
3) An indepth guide to Accra (Ghana) which is becoming a popular holiday destination from Nigeria.
4) An A-Z guide to becoming a pilot in Nigeria.
5) A suggestions card.
6) Literature section on the latest Nigerian and international books.
Why not offer the magazine in online format, linked to Arik Air’s website?